Welcome to Far North Holdings Ltd
Far North Holdings Ltd (FNHL) is wholly owned by the Far North District Council of New Zealand and is an entity referred to as a Council Controlled Trading Organisation under the Local Government Act 2002. It is registered under the Companies Act 1993.
Far North District Council established Far North Holdings Limited to act as a vehicle for delivery of Council's commercial activities. The reason for establishing a holding company was to create a structure that delivers services in the most efficient and cost effective manner. The establishment of a separate commercial entity provides advantages to Council in:
- Providing efficient corporate governance and commercial direction
- Rationalising operating activities and cost structures
- Maximising commercial skills
- Providing the right tax structures for operations
- Providing better communications between shareholders and operating subsidiaries